Ep. 003: Learning to Meditate When You Have Resistance
Today I talk about how I started meditating even though I’d had resistance for years. I share tips on how I let go of my resistance and what worked for me in starting a daily practice.
In this episode I share:
- how I started with a short and free guided meditation to establish my routine and sidestep my resistance
- how meditation changed my life drastically — even by the second day
- what meditation felt like in the beginning and how my inner being started communicating with me
- how I explored various positions for meditating and found the most comfortable position for me
- my tips for making meditation a regular practice
- my thoughts on what kind of music to listen to, where to find it, and how to listen to it during meditation
- how I explored meditating at different times of the day – and how that made it easier to get started with my practice
Plus, in the show notes below, I share the products that I use when meditating.
So if you’ve been wanting to start a regular meditation practice, but you’ve had some resistance, this episode is for you!
- Meditation scene from the movie Eat, Pray, Love
- My meditation music
- The headphones I use to meditate. They come in great colors, fit well and are inexpensive. I use the version with the mic, as I also use these when talking on the phone.
Ways to Listen and Subscribeitunes stitcher google play spotify
Share Your Feedback!
If you’ve gotten something out of this podcast, please let me know by leaving a review on iTunes. I love reading reviews so that I know what your favorite part of the podcast is and how to plan future episodes. Leaving a review is easy. Simply click the button below to go to iTunes, click the “View in iTunes” blue button, click “Ratings and Reviews” and then “Write a Review.”
Join the Creators From the Inside Out Tribe
Continue the discussion from the podcast and connect with others talking about the teachings in the free Facebook group Creators From the Inside Out. I’d love to see you there!
Follow Me On Instagram
I’m active on Instagram! There I share many of my day-to-day experiences practicing Abraham’s teachings. You can follow me @creatingfromtheinsideout_
Thanks for listening!
Hello, I’m Michelle Waldo
I share insights + inspiration to help you follow your inner guidance and practice the teachings of Abraham-Hicks. I’m the host of two podcasts: Creating From the Inside Out: Practicing the Teachings of Abraham Hicks and Following the Call: Tales of Following Your Inner Guidance. I also teach others how to tune into their own inner guidance using a method called Connecting Inward.